Monday, August 4, 2014

wise & bold

The wicked flee when no one pursues, but the righteous are bold as a lion. 

Proverbs 28:1


A little respected result of letting God's direction set you on a path of right living and wisdom is confidence. When God supports you and backs you, you are a lion! You don't need to be tentative. You can be confident that He will do as He has promised.


Righteousness has its own rewards. The strength it brings is one that is seldom mentioned but ought to be celebrated. It is sin that makes a coward. It is guilt from sin that makes hide in miserable fig leaves. Godliness and wisdom have no such trepidations.


Wise God and Father,

Fill me with the confidence of your truth and love.  You will make me bold as a lion where strength is needed. You will work Your power and strength in me. I confess my own sin is my worst weakness. May your righteous strength move me and use me in Your power!

Amen


No comments: