Tuesday, July 1, 2014

wisdom: a constant companion

When you walk, they will lead you; when you lie down, they will watch over you; and when you awake, they will talk with you. 

Proverbs 6:22


Wisdom from God will provide a constant presence, if I will let it. The admonition in Proverbs is to apply myself to wisdom. It will always be there. It will lead my walk. In whatever direction I look, in a life informed by scripture, I will see the path to take.


Wisdom is a guard. I can rest at ease with wisdom as my guard. I may still face difficulties, but wisdom will guard me from the dangerous painful consequences of my solo choice... if I will choose God's wisdom over mine.


And wisdom will be my companion. Every day, if I will awaken and open the pages of scripture, I will hear God's voice... very directly, without any guessing or resorting to mystical vagaries. The words of wisdom God gives are the conversation of my life.

No comments: