Monday, July 14, 2014

walking with the wise

Whoever walks with the wise becomes wise, but the companion of fools will suffer harm. 

Proverbs 13:20


Relationships set the tone for your life in many ways. The call to "walk with the wise" is an important one that should be heeded. There are many benefits to choosing the right friends for input into your life.


I want to have wise, God-fearing friends, but I also want to be able to reach those who do not know God. That means that the wise ways of God should help me reach those who need Him. The input that I get from Christian relationships should inform and assist me in reaching those in non-Christian contexts if I am truly "walking with the wise".


When I walk with the wise, I will be wise. When I look to God's Word to inform my relationships, I will invest relational time with other Christians. And in God's wisdom we will help one another live for God's glory.

No comments: