Thursday, April 17, 2014

God's Word... forever

The works of his hands are faithful and just; all his precepts are trustworthy; they are established forever and ever, to be performed with faithfulness and uprightness. 

Psalm 111:7-8


The outstanding duration of the work of God is that it will always last. God builds things that last... forever. Even this current universe, marred by sin, groaning as all creation, waiting for redemption, will be remade as the new heavens and the new earth. Once created, God's will is for the universe to remain. He does lasting work.


The same is true of His Word. It is established. His precepts and principles are trustworthy. They are eternal truths that last forever with God. We, His people , are bound to His Word forever to live faithfully by His leading.


One reason why I must remain faithful to God's Word despite the chaos and change all around me is that it maintains my eternal priorities. I know that I feel the "forever" in its pages. I can handle any of life's unexpected bumps with the power of God's sustaining truth forever settled for me. In His Word is my strength.

No comments: